- Miles: 5110
Gas: 666 Gallons
Fuel Cost: $1754.37
Avg $ per Gal: $2.63
Avg Cost per mile : $0.34
Total Days: 53
@ Campground: 25
Campground Fees: $425
Avg campground: $17
Avg $ per night: $8
States visited: Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas.
Similar trip in our old Saturn would have cost: $3100
- Gas: $450 (approx 170 gals @ 30 MPG)
Hotels: $2650 (avg approx $50 per night)
Food costs were not included. While it was definitely more money than eating at home, it was a lot less than if traveling by car. We did enjoy eating out a lot (more than usual) but also took advantage of the luxury and convenience of traveling with an on board kitchen on several occasions.
Total cost for this Road Trip: -$2179 PRICELE$$
Plane tickets and rental cars would have been substantially more money and while it may have been quicker, it would have been a whole lot less fun.
Traveling by RV turned out to be almost $1000 LESS on this trip (-$921), and as we found out, the only way to travel!
Stops along the way …
- On the Road Again!
- Boondocking in Richfield Ohio
- Boondocking in Marshall IL – Shade for the Fast Lane
- Camping at Auburn Recreation Center – Auburn Nebraska
- Longscreek RV Park – Auburn NE
- Buffalo Bill’s Ranch Campground – North Platte NE
- Saratoga Lake Campground Wyoming
- Boondocking in Saratoga Springs UT
- Snow Canyon State Park Campground – Utah
- Main Street Station RV Park – Las Vegas
- Boondocking at Colorado Belle Casino – Laughlin NV
- Boondocking in Phoenix AZ
- Usery Mountain Park Campground – Apache Junction AZ
- Boondocking at Dancing Eagle Casino – Casa Blanca NM
- Elk City Lake Park Campground– Elk City OK
- Boondocking in East St Louis IL
Will also be adding more pics and text to the posts.
Stay tuned, more to come …